Is love in the air? It must mean February is around the corner and it’s time for the most romantic time of year in Southern Maine’s must-visit coastal town, Kennebunkport. Every February, Kennebunkport inns, shops, boutiques, restaurants, and more “Paint the Town Red” all month long by festively decorating in red to get you in a loving mood!
With so much going on, we have broken down the top activities, special shopping deals, and dine-in options that will capture you and your lover’s heart this February and Valentine’s Day.
A romantic candlelight dinner for two? Sounds like a great idea! Especially since it is true that the way to someone’s heart is through their stomach.
Here’s where to dine in Kennebunkport/ Kennebunk this February:
- Chez Rosa, a traditional French bistro offering locally sourced French specialties in a stylish, cozy atmosphere, is offering a 4-course menu for two including apple soup, goat cheese plate, seared Maine scallops, and chocolate fondue. Find the full menu here.
- Batson River Distilling and Brewing, a hip spot located just steps from Kennebunkport’s Dock Square, will be celebrating love all February long with exclusive “Paint the town Red” dishes and drinks.
- Earth, an eatery serving high-end New American food amid striking natural decor, will treat you and that special someone to a romantic night out in Kennebunkport all Valentine’s Day weekend. They will be serving a decadent three-course tasting menu, priced at $70++ per person.
- H.B. Provisions, THE general store of Kennebunkport, will be offering wines and beer specials during Valentine’s Week. Perfect for those that want a more relaxing travel itinerary of cozying up in your room or around the fireplace at Waldo Emerson Inn.
- Rose Wild Alchemy, a holistic wellness spa, will be offering a selection of three wellness gifts: Book any massage and receive a free chocolate peppermint scrub foot elevation experience, book any facial and receive a free vanilla rose clay mask elevation, or book a Duo Valentine’s Retreat Package of 90-minute service and receive a choice of 60-minute massage or facial, a decadent chocolate peppermint foot elevation experience or vanilla rose clay face mask, personalized sound bowl experience, followed by a tea service and quiet meditation time in their lovely sound retreat room. Can you think of a more soothingly romantic afternoon?
- Daytrip Society, a design store that inspires adventure and wanderlust by featuring a unique mix of gifts, home décor, accessories, and locally crafted treasures, will be offering a FREE gift with your purchase of $25 or more! Daytrip Society has something special for everyone.
- Gemini Cakes, local bakers in Kennebunkport, are offering the opportunity to decorate your own loving Valentine’s cake! You can decorate your cake and have it too.
- Earth is presenting the opportunity to learn the art of selecting the perfect cheese to complement your favorite bottle of wine. They will be sampling five local kinds of cheese and sharing their tricks of the trade. Tickets are available here.
- Kennebunk Land Trust is going on a Snow Stroll walk on Feb 19th at 10 am at Mousam River Wildlife Sanctuary and is inviting you along! Bask in the beauty that is the Winter Wonderland of New England. The event includes a $5 gift certificate to Boulangerie, a village cafe and bakery.
- The Boathouse is kicking off Kennebunkport’s “Paint the Town Red” with The Sixth Annual Ice Bar, FROSTED! Saturday, February 5th at 8 pm. Includes a Custom ice bar with luge, signature cocktails, dance music with DJ Haylstorm, and the Magic Mirror photobooth. The ticket includes one drink. Cash bar available for additional beer, wine, and cocktails. Tickets are available here.
- Ramp Up The Romance: When you add this special package to your stay you’re sure to ramp up the romance. The package includes a $50 credit for a romantic dinner at Old Vines Wine Bar, assorted French macaron cookies, a single rose waiting in your room, silk rose petal turndown service, and late check-out. Price: $109 plus the cost of the room.
- Naughty Nights: Ignite your romance when you add this special package to your stay, including a $50 credit for a romantic dinner at Old Vines Wine Bar, a mini vanilla or chocolate cake, a single rose waiting in your room, silk rose petal turndown service, plush love cuffs, and late check-out. Price: $129 plus the cost of the room.
Get your loved ones a gift that will remind them of your time together in Kennebunkport. During the month of February, local boutiques and shops around town will be hosting a slew of “red tag” deals and sales.
Here’s where to shop in Kennebunkport/Kennebunk this February:
Say, “I do” to these entertaining classes and experiences being offered as part of “Paint the Town Red”.
Here’s what to do in Kennebunkport/Kennebunk this February:
There’s only one place to stay when it comes to romantic travel in the Kennebunkport area, and that’s with us at Waldo Emerson Inn. With six dreamy en-suite rooms, four with fireplaces, each room is charming and guaranteed to sweep your sweetheart off their feet.
Here are out our current romantic specials that will really enhance your stay this February:
Head to our website here to book either special.