Our historic Kennebunkport B&B offers six romantic guest rooms featuring fireplaces, en-suite modern bathrooms and more. Choose your perfect room and book a romantic getaway in Kennebunkport, Maine today!
Historic Kennebunkport B&B
“Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
As one of the top romantic getaways in Kennebunkport, Maine, the Waldo Emerson Inn offers six dreamy en-suite guest rooms, four with fireplaces. Ranging from warm and cozy to light and airy, all are delightfully charming with wide-planked pine wood floors dating back to 1784, a variety of antique furnishings, and pleasant daylight filtered through the original paned windows. Read about the rooms, see the pictures, then book your lodging at our Kennebunkport bed and breakfast…
- En-suite Bathroom
- Individual Temperature Controls
- Luxury Linens
- Comphy Waffle Robes
- Custom luxury toiletries
- Hair Dryer
- Smart TV
- Amazon Echo
Room Rate Includes
- Gourmet Breakfast
- Soft Drinks and Snacks
- Free Wi-Fi
- Use of Bicycles
- Beach Passes (required in summer)
- Use of Beach Chairs
- Use of Beach Towels
The Waldo Emerson Inn is dedicated to the comfort of all its guests and the following policies are designed to ensure an enjoyable and comfortable stay in our Kennebunk inn. Policies are subject to change as required.
- Check-in is between 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Check-out is before 11:00 a.m.
- All rates are based on double occupancy. A limited number of rooms can accommodate additional guests for an additional $75 per person.
- Rates are subject to change.
- We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and cash. However, all reservations must be secured with a credit card.
- All applicable discounts and gift certificates must be redeemed at the time the reservation is made.
- Breakfast is served between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- The inn is not appropriate for guests under 16.
- The Waldo Emerson Inn is a NON-SMOKING property. Guests who disregard our policy will be charged a $250 housekeeping fee for additional room cleaning.
- Due to the historic nature of the inn, burning candles is strictly forbidden.
A minimum deposit of one night’s rate per room is required at the time of the reservation, for two or more nights 50% of the total is required at time of the reservation. Balance due will be charged upon arrival to the credit card on file. Please advise if a different credit card will be used.
Peak Season and Christmas Prelude reservations made 14 days or less prior to arrival will be charged in full and are non-refundable.
Minimum Stay Policy:
Major holidays, Christmas Prelude and peak season (July-October) may require a two night minimum stay.). If availability allows, a one night stay maybe arranged, please call the innkeeper.
The Waldo Emerson Inn is a small Kennebunk bed and breakfast. Consequently, we are significantly affected by cancellations and must adhere to a strict cancellation policy. For cancellations made more than 14 days before your scheduled arrival date your deposit will be refunded, less a $50 processing fee. Cancellations made 14 days or less prior to your arrival date are non-refundable for the full reservation unless we are able to re-book the room, in which case, only the cancellation fee will be charged. We require 30 days cancellation notice for Peak Season (July-October), Major Holidays, Special Events and Christmas Prelude.
Early departure falls within our cancellation policy. There are no refunds for early departure.
We suggest you purchase trip insurance as cancellations may be unavoidable.
All our rooms are pet friendly rooms.
There is an additional fee of $60 per animal per night.
Pets should be taken with you whenever you leave the property unless pet sitting arrangements have been made in advance or your pet is crated in the room.
Please be advised that you are responsible for any damages caused by your pet.
Please note, that a dog lives on property. Sloan is a 7 lb Yorkshire Terrier with a Great Dane personality.
Please note, there is a leash law in Kennebunk. Dogs are not allowed on the beaches between 9am-5pm between June 15th and Labor Day.
In the event of a pet emergency we recommend contacting MVMC